Well – I think this will be our last entry from New Jersey for awhile. I am tired of the constant moving, but we have at least 2 more on the short term horizon. This week we are headed out for the Central Time Zone. I don’t have a permanent address yet, and I will have to start looking for one. I doubt it will be for more than a year, so I am gonna try to keep it cheap. Looking at one of the old river cities in Iowa or perhaps Detroit. I don’t think I can do Illinois again. It is – as of this writing – my least favorite state by a mile. It is corrupt to the core and the absurdities which result from that corruption are myriad and absurd. I wish my friends and family there would move so I never have to go back – but it ain’t gonna happen like that methinks.
No matter, I am gonna be on the road for the foreseeable future. I hope this gives me more opportunity to write. I haven’t been keeping up like I should because work has been insane. At least, for the time being, I have work. No complaints there!
In any event, the sadists and personality-disordered individuals who have slake their thirst for positions are also insane, and perhaps even more busy than I. I am not in a great position right now to keep up with them – and can’t imagine I will be so long as I have work. Just the same, I can’t just let the news go by without a quick scan and a post, so here’s what I have been keeping up with. God willing, I will see you from the road somewhere, friends:
- I didn’t listen to the whole thing and I am not going to. If they are implying I need government mandated rehab should I get caught with a one-hitter is absurd. I am not going to rehab because he – or any drug warrior – thinks I need medical attention over weed.
- You assclowns at the NY Times are late to the party on this. Suck a lemon.
- Legal weed is being set up to fail. Why should it be any different?
- It already is being used to replace a personality often enough, why not try this while we’re at it.
- Would he have said a word if the bill hadn’t been sent to him?
- Defunding the DEA is just like defunding the CIA. Feels like a bargain to me!
- Illinois can’t even deal weed properly with a monopoly!
- Both parties can suck a lemon. Drug prohibition has been a bigger disaster than alcohol prohibition. Political calculation, greed, and corruption are no substitute for freedom and compassion no matter what language they use.
- PA isn’t where I was looking for moral guidance on community policing and good living anyway, but this is a little over the top no?
- People keep acting like this is news. It isn’t new to anyone who pays any attention whatsoever. It isn’t news.
- It still is.
- The DEA is practicing medicine. Anyone saying otherwise is gaslighting.
- Data can be made to lie pretty easily – certainly never more easy than today. The idea that pain patients having access to their necessary pain meds is the source of a drop in American life expectancy has always been bullshit.
- They will always blame pain meds and not street drugs even though it is going to get harder and harder to do.
- Pain Patients need an ACT UP if ACT UP wouldn’t have us.
- Because Portland has veered into “over-rated” territory so dramatically in recent years, it is hard for me to get too excited about anything in Oregon (still love the scenery, don’t get me wrong), but if they pull this off, so much can be looked over.
- I am not sure of the sourcing here – it isn’t premium from what I can tell – but the idea of the government depriving us of liberty over medical issues is not too far fetched in the world we live in.
- I need to spend more time in Canada before I get too many feels about any one story, but some times one wonders…I also find JT a creepy neoliberal d-bag.
- The media is so bad I have to get health news from Vice.
- They are going to try to make it look like Breonna Taylor deserved to die rather than admit their fuck up. This cannot be tolerated by a decent society. A society which tolerates such shit isn’t a decent one.