We made it. We are back in the Land Between Two Rivers – Iowa. It’ cheap, it’s close to my peeps, and I found a short term lease. That checks the boxes I need right now. I am hoping a few months of stability will let me get caught up on the stuff I have been neglecting – including my activities here. I have been slackin’. Going to Iowa for a winter of nature-imposed seclusion should help me get back on track. I am still in move and set up mode, so hang tight. The sunlit uplands are just ahead…or more of the same grinding hell, or worse. Who can say?
I really am sick and tired of moving every year or two. I have now been doing it for half my life. It is time to tie down somewhere. Iowa would be fine. So would California. So would NJ. They are all different in some ways, but the distinctions have gone kinda smooth for me. The internet really standardizes such a wide swath of life I find myself over-focused on what little distinguishes itself. I mean, I love NYC for food as much as anyone, but it isn’t like people there have never tasted McDonalds. Frankly, pre-COVID, New York more than any place I can think of became more generic and chain-heavy. With the economy killing small business right now like it is, I expect even more of this – everywhere. If it is all going to basically be the same, I will take a place that is relatively cheap and tends not to run short on food and water. We’ll see how well I do with it. For now, it is on with all that’s shit to print. It is another light week from me, but I am busy…on the way to getting unbusy – but for now, a light week in advance of bigger things to come.
- Like so many, Breonna Taylor was killed by the drug war. If it is too strong for you to say the War On Drugs was designed to kill people like her, fine; but I would ask – as my man Bob Dylan asked – “how many deaths will it take” til you know that too many people have died?
- The point of the War On Drugs was never to win – it was to fight.
- The War On Drugs can’t be won. The Drugs already won.
- Legal weed is nice – but it is no substitute for the fruit of the poppy. Just remember – the only opiate crisis is here in the US.
- So if you live in a fortress suburb, you like Biden – and if you don’t you don’t? Do go on!
- For whatever good the CDC may have done, they are now obviously just another party organ of whoever “wins” one of our “elections”. Our institutions are trash.
- Our institutions are now simply there to facilitate the exercise of power by those with power. We got lazy and let it happen. We need to get unlazy and get it to unhappen.
- I don’t believe anyone’s death stats at this point. A little hyperbolic I guess but why would I?
- If you are in a cage, does it mean much if the person holding the keys out of your reach are medically trained?
- If you allow your own citizens to basically wander the earth in internal exile in large numbers because they can’t produce a surplus, you don’t deserve nice dining experiences do you?
- The Church isn’t coming out of the pandemic smelling all that great either.
- As Robyn Hitchcock once said, “We should give (them) a medal…isn’t our world based on crime?”
- It is time to repeal the HMO Act of 1973.
- Can’t avoid politics this week: the GOP theft of the SCOTUS seat that went to Kavanaugh is going to prove a significant event in the weakening of our nation.